Certified midwives for pregnancy, birth and beyond
St. Luke’s Obstetrics & Gynecology Associates is committed to keeping our patients first, which is why we offer more choices for your care. At St. Luke’s, you can choose a certified nurse midwife (CNM) as your women’s health care provider. While some patients only consider midwives during childbirth and pregnancy, CNMs offer full-scope care throughout a woman’s life, from her first period through menopause and beyond.
To a midwife, pregnancy is a natural process and not something that needs to be managed. Midwives are focused on supporting your birth plan and preferences first, with an affinity for a more natural approach to health care. Their nurturing care respects you, your family and your beliefs. In addition to ongoing health care, midwives also offer information, education and encouragement around topics such as pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding, tests, nutrition and newborn care.
Personalized Care for Birth and Beyond
CNMs are thought of for primarily pregnancy and childbirth, but the health care they offer spans nearly every stage of a woman’s life.
Services provided by midwives include:
- Annual well-women exams including Pap smears, breast and pelvic exams
- Preconception and infertility counseling
- Family planning and conception
- Childbirth education and preparation
- Osteoporosis risk assessment and reduction
- Menopause management (nutrition, exercise, hormone and alternative therapies)
- Sexual health management
- Sexually transmitted infections (STI) screening and counseling
St. Luke’s does not require a referral for this service. To see if
your insurance company requires one, call the number on your card.
This service is available at these locations.