Certified midwives for pregnancy, birth and beyond
The team at St. Luke's Obstetrics & Gynecology Associates is committed to putting our patients first, which is why we offer more choices for your care. At St. Luke’s, you can choose a certified nurse midwife as your women’s healthcare provider
What is a certified nurse midwife?
A certified nurse midwife is an advanced practice nurse who specializes in women’s health.
Do midwives only help with delivering babies?
Midwives at St. Luke’s have a much broader scope than just helping with pregnancies. A certified nurse midwife completes the broadest level of training, equipping them to offer full-scope care throughout a woman’s life, from her first period through menopause and beyond. This includes:
- Annual well-women exams including Pap smears, breast and pelvic exams
- Preconception and infertility counseling
- Family planning and conception
- Childbirth education and preparation
- Osteoporosis risk assessment and reduction
- Menopause management (nutrition, exercise, hormone and alternative therapies)
- Sexual health management
- Sexually transmitted infections (STI) screening and counseling
What are the benefits of choosing a midwife as a provider?
Midwives favor a more natural, holistic approach to health care.
StLukesBaby.comFind the guidance you need for your pregnancy journey.Learn More
St. Luke’s does not require a referral for this service. To see if
your insurance company requires one, call the number on your card.
This service is available at these locations.