Gender-related care and support
St. Luke’s provides a full range of high-quality, compassionate health care to everyone, including those in the LGBTQ+ community (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning). Specialty services for gender-related care and support include:
- Endocrinology offers transgender hormone replacement therapy and gender affirmation paperwork assistance on gender marker or name on legal documents.
- OB-GYN takes referrals for hysterectomy options.
- Urology offers orchiectomy procedures.
- Infectious Disease offers counseling regarding HIV risk and prevention as well as testing for sexually transmitted infections
Mental Health can provide support for children, teenagers, adults and seniors who identify
as LGBTQ+. This includes:
- Open and safe environments for individual therapy services that are respectful of your choices and identity
- Family therapy services
- Psychoeducation on issues that are important to your care and treatment
- Support and guidance with gender affirmation processes
- Coordination and care planning with other providers and specialty clinics both within the St. Luke’s system and around the community
- Referrals for specialty care services
- Letters of support for hormone therapy, name changes, gender marker changes, gender affirmation surgeries, etc.
- Support for those who may be questioning their gender identity or sexual orientation
Learn more about all the services available at St. Luke's.