Urinary-tract treatments for men and women
Conditions affecting your urinary-tract or the male repoductive system can be painful and difficult to talk about. St. Luke's Urology Associates strives to create a relaxing, safe atmosphere where you can feel comfortable discussing these issues with medical professionals who want to help.
Our board-certified physicians specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of kidney, bladder and prostate problems for both men and women. We can also help with male infertility. Our urology team will work closely with you to develop a personalized care plan for whatever urinary-tract problem is affecting your health.
When should I see a urologist?
Urologists provide treatment for both men and women who are having issues with their kidneys, bladder or prostate. Your primary care provider will most likely refer you to a urologist when you have a problem in these areas that requires our specialized care.
Some common problems people are referred to a urologist for include:
- Blood in urine
- Male sexual dysfunction
- Difficulty urinating
- Loss of bowel control
- Pain in the lower stomach or groin area
- Enlarged prostate
- Kidney stones
- Male fertility issues
Our team offers a full range of urological services including:
- Evaluation and treatment of prostate cancer with surgery and radioactive seed implantation
- Medical and surgical treatment for prostate gland enlargement
- Green Light™ laser vaporization of the prostate
- Evaluation and treatment of diseases of the bladder
- Surgical and nonsurgical care of urinary stones, including ureteroscopic stone extraction, ultrasonic lithotripsy, laser lithotripsy, extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy and percutaneous nephrolithotomy
- Evaluation and treatment of urinary incontinence
- Laparoscopic renal surgery
- Bipolar vaporization and resection of the prostate
- Surgery using da Vinci® Surgical System
Referral required for this service. If you need one, talk to your primary
To establish care with a St. Luke’s primary care provider, call 218.249.4000 or find a clinic near you.