Caring for your heart from the inside out
Cardiology can be broken down into two types: invasive and noninvasive. Invasive cardiology is when open surgery or minimally invasive procedures are used to treat or identify heart issues. At St. Luke’s, this includes the following:
- Angioplasty (balloon)
- Coronary and peripheral angiography
- Coronary atherectomy
- Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS)
- Invasive assessment of coronary physiology
- Invasive hemodynamic assessments
- Peripheral vascular interventions
- Placement of intracoronary stents
- Patent foramen ovale (PFO) treatment
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
Many of these procedures are done in one of our cutting-edge Cath Labs. To get a sneak peak of these spaces, watch a 2-minute tour video with Dr. Scott Mikesell.
For more information visit the St. Luke's Regional Heart & Vascular Center.
St. Luke's does not require a referral for this service. To see if your
insurance company requires one, call the number on your card.
This service is available at these locations.
Looking for a provider?
Find information about provider related to Interventional Cardiology services.Find Your Provider