Restoring your heart and vascular health
A rehabilitation (rehab) program can help your recover. It can also help to prevent future problems. Participants of St. Luke’s rehab programs meet at St. Luke's Cardiac & Pulmonary Rehab Gym.
What is cardiac rehab?
Cardiac rehab is a personalized recovery plan that will help your heart heal. This plan can include physical activity, education and counselling. Our team of exercise physiologists, dietitians, nurses and psychologists will work with you to create a customized recovery plan.
Our program offers:
- Medical assessment, goal-setting strategies and education
- Nutritional counseling and weight management
- Inpatient monitored aerobic exercise and strength training
- Outpatient monitored exercise and education
- Stress management training
- Smoking cessation support
- Support groups
Who needs cardiac rehab?
Those who have experienced the following would benefit from cardiac rehab:
- Heart attack
- Heart surgery
- Other events that have caused heart damage
What other rehabilitation programs does St. Luke’s offer?
St. Luke’s offers two other rehabilitation programs:
Referral required for this service. If you need one, talk to your primary
To establish care with a St. Luke’s primary care provider, call 218.249.4000 or find a clinic near you.