Spinal Cord Injury Program
Improving function and independence for those with paraplegia
Paraplegia, or partial paralysis, can dramatically change your day-to-day life. St. Luke’s Spinal Cord Injury Program helps adults who have paraplegia resulting from trauma, vascular accidents, infections and neuromuscular diseases. Our team comes alongside each individual to make the physical and emotional adjustments needed for them to flourish.
What does treatment look like?
This program covers many aspects of health and wellness after a spinal injury, including:
- Activities of daily living
- Bowel and bladder function
- Cardiovascular and respiratory management
- Community resources
- Driver rehabilitation program
- Equipment needs
- How to direct others in your care
- Mobility and exercise
- Nursing care managed by registered nurses certified in rehabilitation
- Skin management
For more information and admission questions, contact St. Luke's Case Coordinator at 218.249.5351.