Frequently Asked Questions
Below are questions that you may have regarding the employment process
at St. Luke’s. Please review this list and if your question is not
listed, please contact us at
What positions are currently available and how do I apply?
- Please click this link to view all current positions. We require all applications to be submitted electronically and do not accept paper applications. If you do not have access to a computer, phone or tablet, computers are available in the Human Resources Lobby Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm located at 1011 E. 1st Street, Duluth.
How do I know when new positions are posted?
- Our website is live, so as positions become available, they will be posted immediately. In order to be notified, you will need to sign up for a Job Alert through this link.
What if the job I want has multiple openings?
- In order for us to consider you for a position, you need to apply to that specific posting. For this reason, we ask that you apply to all positions that are posted that you are interested in. When you apply once, you are able to copy your application to an unlimited amount of other positions.
Do I need a resume to apply?
- No, you do not need a resume or cover letter in order to apply, but it is recommended.
Where can I find updates regarding my application?
- You are able to login to our system and see any updates for your application by visiting our careers page and clicking “login” at the top of the page.
What does FTE mean?
- FTE stands for Full Time Equivalent, where 1.0 is 40 hours a week. For example, .80 FTE means 80% of full time, which is 32 hours a week.
Who is eligible for benefits such as health insurance or PTO?
- Any employee who is .60 FTE (24 hours a week) or above is eligible for our full benefit package.
What should I do if the position I want isn’t posted?
- Our positions are constantly being updated, so we recommend checking our website periodically. You can also sign up for a job alert so that you get notified once it is posted, as well as join our talent network here. By joining our Talent Network, you will share your resume with a Recruiter and may receive updates regarding the organization and our positions in the future.
What if I am having technical issues?
- If you are unable to login to our system, apply, or have any other technical issues related to our application process, please try switching your internet browser. If you are still having technical issues, please call our employment team at 218.249.5595 and we will happily assist you.
If I accept a position at St. Luke’s, what is required before I start?
- All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and a post-offer physical assessment.