St. Luke’s Summer Nurse Internship
Summer 2024 internship in Duluth, MN
Dates of Program
June 3 – August 9, 2024
Each position will be a 0.6 FTE.
- Critical Care (Cardiac, Critical Care Float Pool, or ICU)
- Emergency Department
- Med-Surg (Float Pool, Gen Medical, Gen Surg-Ortho, Inpatient Rehab, Neuro, or Oncology)
- Mental Health
- Maternal Child Health
- Education: Currently an active enrolled student in a good standing in an accredited Minnesota school of nursing.
- Enrollment in a Summer Internship Nursing Course at a University or College within Minnesota for the duration of the 10-wk internship
- Successful completion of first semester junior level assessment course by Summer of 2024
- GPA of 2.75 or above
This program requires your participation for the entire 10-week schedule, except for emergencies or illness. Any exceptions or special circumstances need to be discussed during the interview process.
You must attend our two-day orientation, which will be scheduled June 3 – 4, 2024.
Interns will be scheduled 48 hours per pay period (0.6 FTE) and will follow the schedule that their preceptor(s) works. Shifts will vary between day, evening, and nights, along with being scheduled 8 hour, 12 hour, or 8/12 hour combination shifts. Weekends are scheduled as every other based on your preceptor’s schedule.
Accepted interns must have a current BLS certification with a designation of either: “BLS Provider” or “Healthcare Provider,” from either the AHA or American Red Cross, or Military Training Network.
Applicants must complete & submit ALL of the following for consideration:
- A completed online St. Luke’s job application
- A completed 2024 Summer Nurse Internship Essay Form
- Current transcript (non-official)
For additional questions, please contact:
Christine Shaffer, BSN, RN CCM
Coordinator of Nursing Education