Lake View Financial Assistance Program
Lake View is committed to providing financial assistance to persons who have health care needs and are uninsured, underinsured, ineligible for a government program or otherwise unable to pay.
We are here to assist you with your financial needs if you are unable to pay all or part of your Lake View medical bill and to answer questions you may have regarding your bill.
Lake View Hospital
- Must pertain to medically necessary care provided by Lake View
- Services not billed by Lake View are not eligible for this program
- Must pertain to services provided within the last 12 months
- This is not an insurance program
Based on a sliding scale:
- 100% discount if household income is less than 100% of Federal Poverty Guidelines (FPG)
- 90% discount if household income is between 101% and 150% of FPG
- 75% discount if household income is between 151% and 200% of FPG
- Greater of amounts generally billed or 50% discount if household income is between 201% and 300% of FPG
- The value of your assets is at or below $10,000 for a single person and $20,000 for a household of two or more
- Application is completed, along with required documents
- Eligibility is determined after reviewing your financial circumstances
How to Apply
There are three ways to receive a Financial Assistance Application:
- Download an application: Lake View Financial Assistance Program Application
- Call Lake View at 218.834.7316 and provide your mailing address
- Pick up an application or receive help completing it from the clinic registration desk or Lake View Hospital Business Office, 325 11th Avenue, Two Harbors, MN.
Before any medical appointment at Lake View Hospital or Lake View Medical Clinic, check with your insurance company for coverage requirements, including whether a referral or prior authorization is needed.
If you do not have insurance, you may qualify for Medical Assistance through your county or state.
Lake View will bill your insurance for charges related to your visit. You will be billed for any remaining balance.
You will not be charged more than the amounts generally billed for emergent and medically necessary care.
If you are unable to pay the balance in full or have questions regarding your coverage, please contact a Lake View representative at:
Lake View Hospital
Zero Interest Patient Financing
As a benefit to our patients, the ClearBalance® program is a patient-friendly payment option to help you pay your cost of service with St. Luke’s. The program is a zero-interest revolving credit account with flexible payment terms. Use the ClearBalance program to manage out-of-pocket expenses, including deductibles and insurance copayments.
ClearBalance offers you peace-of-mind:
- Zero-interest credit account for your services at St. Luke’s
- No credit check
- Combine all of your family’s medical bills at St. Luke’s into one monthly statement and one manageable monthly payment
- Convenient to manage and view your account online at myclearbalance.com
For more information call 218.834.7316Revolving credit accounts are offered by Umpqua Bank, Member FDIC. ClearBalance is a registered service mark of CSI Financial Services, LLC, which provides certain account servicing functions for the bank.
A collection agency may be used when balances go unpaid.
Lake View Billing and Collections Policy
Lake View Financial Assistance Program Policy
Elevate Patient Financial Solutions
Lake View has partnered with Elevate Patient Financial Solutions to provide free help for uninsured patients who have medical expenses at Lake View. Elevate helps patients find the most appropriate assistance from a variety of resources to help pay for medical bills. You may be referred to Elevate, or Elevate may reach out to you if you have had recent visits and no insurance on file, or were identified with additional coverage needs by a financial counselor. Call 866.534.6703.