Healthy Mom Safe Baby Program
Help for pregnant women involved in substance use
If you’re pregnant and involved in substance use, we’re here to help. St. Luke’s Maternal Child Health Care Coordinator can work with you to keep you and your baby as safe as possible.
What’s the goal of this program?
The goal of the Healthy Mom Safe Baby Program is to:
- Decrease babies’ exposure to substances
- Help moms become as healthy as they can be
- Create safe homes
What happens if I enroll?
If you enroll, St. Luke’s Maternal Child Health Care Coordinator will schedule an appointment to meet with you. From then on, the Care Coordinator will:
- Make an individualized plan with you
- Help set up necessary appointments (OBGYN, primary care doctor or others)
- Provide ongoing education and resources
- Offer referrals for other services at St. Luke’s and in the community
- Coordinate discharge planning after baby is born
- Check in with you via phone calls and text messages
- Visit with you and baby at follow-up appointments after birth
- Help ensure the best possible outcome for both you and baby
How long am I enrolled in the program?
You will remain in the program until your baby’s first birthday. This helps make sure each mom has the support and resources needed throughout this new phase of her life.
St. Luke’s does not require a referral for this service.
If you have any questions about this program or would like to enroll, contact St. Luke’s Maternal Child Health Care Coordinator at 218.249.3783.