Get prepared. Stay educated.
St. Luke’s is committed to providing high-quality training and education to support the needs of EMS personnel, health care professionals and the greater community.
Health Care Professionals and Community Members
St. Luke’s offers CEU-accredited courses for health care professionals and members of the community. View dates, locations and registration information here.
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC)
- Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)/Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition and Stabilization Provider Course (PEARS)
- ECG Basics & ACLS Prep Course
- EMS Recognition Event (Educational Conference and Recognition Dinner)
St. Luke’s also offers classes and clinics to help parents, young children and teenagers prevent accidents and injuries. For dates, times and locations, contact St. Luke’s Education Department at 218.249.5527.
- Safety for all Seasons: Parents of young children review helmet safety, pedestrian safety, water safety and dressing children for different weather conditions.
- Think First Teenagers: Learn the consequences of unsafe behaviors and choices, especially drinking and driving, which can result in brain or spinal cord injuries. Think First is a community collaborative program.
- Don’t Have a Life Wreck: Teenagers learn accident prevention strategies for common high-risk behaviors, focusing on seat belt use, alcohol use and distracted driving. Follow-up materials are provided for parents to use at home.
- Child Car Seat Check-up Events: Co-sponsored by St. Luke’s, the Duluth Fire Department and WDIO-TV.