St. Luke's Interventional Radiology
Category: Specialty Clinics
Interventional radiology (IR) is a medical specialty that performs minimally invasive treatments, using radiologic imaging for guiding the procedure. Interventional radiology treatments have become the primary method of care for a variety of conditions, offering less risk, less pain and less recovery time.
The Interventional Radiologists at St. Luke’s provide a wide range of minimally invasive treatment procedures, including:
- Uterine fibroid embolization for treatment of uterine fibroids
- Chemoembolization and radiofrequency ablation for treatment of cancers
- Angioplasty, stent placement for opening blocked arteries of legs
- Ablation of varicose veins
- Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt (TIPS) for recurrent ascites, bleeding due to cirrhosis
- Inferior vena cava filter placement and retrieval
- Stents for blocked artery of kidneys causing hypertension
- Embolization of varicocele
St. Luke's Interventional Radiology is part of St. Luke's Regional Heart & Vascular Center.
On-Campus Directions & Parking
Follow St. Luke’s color-coded signs and maps to Northland Medical Center (yellow). Parking is available at the Hospital & Northland Ramp on E 1st Street.
Click here to view the St. Luke’s Campus Map.