Care Available Through St. Luke's Hospice Duluth
Hospice team members help patients and families focus on improving the quality of remaining days by providing medical, emotional, social and spiritual support.
Under the supervision of our program's medical director, professional caregivers work with family members and the patient's physician to develop a personalized plan of care and support. Our team includes the physician, specially trained registered nurses, home health aides, social workers, counselors, dietitians, pharmacists, chaplains, volunteers and physical, occupational and speech therapists.
St. Luke's Hospice Duluth services are available within 40 miles of St. Luke's Hospital. Patients are accepted into the program after a physician referral, assessment by hospice staff and identification of a primary caregiver.
- Coordination of your plan of care
- On-call RN consultation 24 hours/day
- Education on medication administration and treatment
- Personal care assistance
- Basic medical supplies, equipment and medication related to life-limiting illness
- Respite care for family members, as needed, for up to five days
- Financial counseling
- Coordination of community resources
- Nutritional counseling
- Spiritual counseling
- Billing assistance
- Bereavement support and resources for the family for 13 months following the patient's death
- Semi-annual Hospice Memorial Service for families and hospice staff to remember and honor patients who have died