Organizations to support you and your loved one
As a caregiver, navigating the intricate landscape of healthcare and caregiving
can be both challenging and rewarding. To help you along this journey,
we've compiled an array of valuable resources encompassing various aspects
of caregiving. Discover a wealth of valuable information to empower and
assist you in your caregiving role.
- Medicare & You – Hospice Care: A brief video describing how Medicare covers hospice and respite care.
- Resources by health issue or condition: A comprehensive collection of family-friendly publications filled with practical information on caregiving issues and health conditions.
- Fact and Tip Sheets: Information on health topics, caregiving issues and strategies, statistics, and more.
- Learning Center: Read articles, fact sheets and tips, watch webinars, videos and slide shows, and listen to meditations and teleconferences
- Hospice Foundation of America: Information about living with advanced life-limiting illness, options for care and helpful resources for caregivers
- Morningside Ministries: Caregiver training videos covering a wide range of topics on specific illnesses, caregiving strategies and more.
- National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization: Information and support for anyone who is planning to give care, currently caregiving, living with a serious illness or grieving a loss.
- US Department of Veterans Affairs: Resources specifically addressing caregiving for veterans including care for caregivers, care for veterans, tips by diagnosis, help with finances and more.
Cancer Care Organizations
- Palliative Care in Cancer: Frequently asked questions answered by the National Cancer Institute about cancer palliative care.
- What is a Cancer Caregiver?: Information from the American Cancer Society for those who are giving care to a loved one with cancer.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care Center: Specific resources on caring for someone with Alzheimer’s or dementia.
- Arrowhead Area Agency on Aging: Resources to help develop community-based, long-term care services that foster independence for older persons.
- Age Well Arrowhead: Services for older adults and caregivers that support healthy aging and independence including care consultation, caregiver support, transportation, help in the home, groceries-to-go and training.
- The Senior Reporter: The Senior Reporter is the most established information source for persons 50 years and older in Northeastern Minnesota and Northwestern Wisconsin.