- Chemistry and Biology Valparaiso University, Valparaiso, IN
- Psychology San Francisco State, San Francisco, CA
- Doctor of Osteopathy Midwestern University, Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, Downers Grove, IL
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Neurosurgery Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
Neurological Surgery, American Osteopathic Board of Surgery
Philosophy of care
"In concert with St. Luke's mission to provide a full range of quality, convenient, cost-effective and compassionate health care services, my full effort is directed toward the goal of providing comprehensive service, technologically state-of-the-art, superior quality brain, spinal and peripheral nerve surgery with the highest level of customer satisfaction, while maintaining complete operational readiness
My practice follows the tenets of osteopathic medicine that I have been extensively trained in:
- The body is a unit; the person is a unit of body, mind, and spirit.
- The body is capable of self-regulation, self-healing, and health maintenance.
- Structure and function are reciprocally interrelated.
- Rational treatment is based upon an understanding of the basic principles of body unity, self-regulation, and the interrelationship of structure and function."
Favorite advice to give patients
"Although I am your surgeon and perform a technical operation, you are the individual that is doing the bulk of the work. We as practitioners have the privilege to guide you through your surgery and recovery."
Old car repair and restoration, forestry management, prairie restoration and collecting vintage firearms
Appointed as Neurosurgery Trauma Representative, St. Luke’s Hospital, 2018-Current
Appointed as ICU Committee Member for Neurosurgery, St. Luke’s Hospital, 2019-Current
Appointed as O.R. Committee Member for Neurosurgery, St. Luke’s Hospital, 2019-Current
Appointed as Joint Theatre Neurosurgery Consultant, Landstuhl Regional Medical Center, OperationEnduring Freedom, 2017
Apppointed as Chief, Neurosurgery Division, Tripler Army Medical Center, 2008-2014
Appointed as Joint Theatre Neurosurgery Consultant, 332nd EMDG, Balad IRAQ, Operation Iraqi Freedom, Operation New Dawn, Operation Enduring Freedom, 2010-2011
Appointed as Associate Professor of Neurosurgery, Tripler Army Medical Center, 2008-2014
US Army Meritorious Service Medal
US Army Commendation Medal, Numeral 2
IRAQ Campaign Medal
Global War On Terrorism Service Medal
National Defense Service Medal
Armed Forced Reserve Medal
US Army Service Ribbon
US Army Overseas Service Ribbon, Numeral 2
US Army Overseas Service Bar
American Osteopathic Board of Surgery
American Osteopathic Board of Surgery Examiners
American College of Osteopathic Surgeons
American Osteopathic Association
International Society Police Surgeons