- Oncology & Hematology
- Cancer Care
- Damascus University Medical School, Damascus, Syria, IT
- North Shore/LIJ Health Care System Staten Island University Hospital, Staten Island, NY
- Internal Medicine, North Shore/LIJ Health Care System Staten Island University Hospital, Staten Island, NY
- Geriatric Medicine, North Shore/LIJ Health Care System Staten Island University Hospital, Staten Island, NY
- Hematology/Oncology, North Shore/LIJ Health Care System Staten Island University Hospital, Staten Island, NY
Dr. Homam Alkaied joined the St. Luke’s Regional Cancer Center in August 2015. He completed his medical school training at Damascus University Medical School in Damascus, Syria. He then completed his internal medicine residency, geriatrics fellowship, and hematology/oncology fellowship at the North Shore/Long Island Jewish-Staten Island University Hospital (NSLIJSU) program. Prior to completing his hematology/oncology fellowship, Dr. Alkaied served as a clinical assistant professor at SUNY Health Sciences Center, the director of the anticoagulation center at NSLIJSU, and associate program director of the internal medicine residency training program at NSLIJSU. In 2012 he was named research fellow of the year for the division of NSLIJSU.
After completing his hematology/oncology fellowship at NSLIJSU Dr. Alkaied worked as a hematologist/oncologist in the Prairie Lakes Healthcare System in Watertown, South Dakota. While there Dr. Alkaied developed a reputation as a tremendous doctor, and his services were highly sought after. He was the institutional principal investigator on nine clinical trials, and is currently the St. Luke’s Hospital institutional principal investigator on a trial evaluating the impact of daratumumab on multiple myeloma. Dr. Alkaied is the only certified geriatric oncologist in the area.
Dr. Alkaied has published twelve articles in various medical journals to date. He is board certified in internal medicine, geriatrics, hematology, and medical oncology. He is married and has two children. His hobbies include hiking, biking, fishing, reading, and skiing.