Labor & Delivery Saturday Session
About This Event
$50 per couple
NOTE: At this time, this class will be offered via Virtual Classroom on ZOOM. During registration, please provide an accurate email address. You will receive the meeting instructions via email.
Labor and delivery classes are taught by knowledgeable healthcare professionals. This class is offered in two different formats so you can choose the option that best fits your schedule: a full day on a weekend or two evenings in a row during the week. It is ideal to attend classes during your seventh or eighth month of pregnancy. New parents will take a tour of the Birthing Center during class. Please dress comfortably.
St. Luke's Childbirth Education Classes help you gain knowledge and understanding of the birth process, so you can approach this exciting experience with confidence. Being well informed invites active participation in decisions, which guide your care. If possible, coaches should attend all childbirth class sessions with you, so both of you can prepare for this experience. St. Luke’s staff members are here to offer you care and support during this process.
Topics covered include:
- What to expect as a St. Luke’s patient
- AboutBaby Birth Plan
- The labor process
- Cesarean birth
- All pain-relief methods for labor (Nitrous and non-pharmacologic included)
- The Golden Hour
- The importance of early skin-to-skin contact
- Feeding your newborn, including early initiation of breastfeeding after delivery
- Rooming-in with your baby
- Safe sleep practices and your Halo Sleepsack gift after delivery
St. Luke's Education Department 218.249.5527
- Registration Cost: $50.00
- Registration Information: Register for this Event