Navigating Cancer: Get to Know the Care Team
About This Event
When someone receives a cancer diagnosis, they likely expect to interact with an oncologist (cancer doctor), yet there is an entire care team that supports a patient during and after their treatment. Each person on this team, including physicians, pharmacists, skilled nursing professionals, physical and occupational therapists, and nutritionists, all play a crucial role in supporting patients and their families.
Join St. Luke’s Regional Cancer Center and St. Luke’s Foundation to hear from a panel of these professionals to learn more about their roles in caring for patients with a cancer diagnosis. The presentation will conclude with an interactive Q&A.
- Ben Anderson, PharmD, BOCP – Pharmacist in Charge, Infusion Therapy Clinic; PGY2 Oncology Residency Program Director
- Nils Arvold, MD – St. Luke’s Radiation Oncology; Chief, Section of Oncology/Radiation Oncology
- Tracy Durovec, RN, OCN – Infusion Therapy/Vascular Access Team
- Jessica Lundgren, RN, BSN – Clinical Research Coordinator, Whiteside Institute for Clinical Research
- Andrea Schnell, OTR-L - Occupational Therapist, Outpatient Rehabilitation Services
- Anna Perelshteyn, MD – St. Luke’s Oncology & Hematology Associates
- Brenda Schwerdt, RDN, LD, CNSC – Clinical Dietitian/Staff Development Coordinator, Diabetes & Nutrition
5:30 pm: Doors open. Light refreshments will be served.
6 pm: Panel begins
Event made possible through the generous support of St. Luke’s Foundation.
Directions and Parking
The event is in the first-floor theater. Enter through the St. Louis County Heritage & Arts Center entrance on the west side. A parking lot is available off W. Michigan St. and S 6th Ave. W and along Michigan Ave. St. Luke’s Foundation will cover the cost of parking.
RSVP requested but not required. Please RSVP below or call 218.249.5468.
- Registration Cost: Free
Register for this Event
RSVP requested but not required. Please RSVP above or call 218.249.5468.