Summer Nurse Internship
Interning for Summer 2023
Dates of Program
June 5, 2023 – August 11, 2023
Each position will be a 0.6 FTE.
- Critical Care (Cardiac, Critical Care Float Pool, or ICU)
- Emergency Department
- Med-Surg (Float Pool, Gen Medical, Gen Surg-Ortho, Inpatient Rehab, Neuro, or Oncology)
- Mental Health
- Maternal Child Health
- Education: Currently an active enrolled student in a good standing in an accredited Minnesota school of nursing.
- Enrollment in a Summer Internship Nursing Course at a University or College within Minnesota for the duration of the 10-wk internship
- Successful completion of first semester junior level assessment course by Summer of 2023
- GPA of 2.75 or above
This program requires your participation for the entire 10-week schedule, except for emergencies or illness. Any exceptions or special circumstances need to be discussed during the interview process.
You must attend our (2) Day Orientation scheduled for June 5 - 6, 2023 from 0800 - 1630.
Interns will be scheduled 48 hours per pay period (0.6 FTE) and will follow the schedule that their preceptor(s) works. Shifts will vary between day, evening, and nights, along with being scheduled 8 hour, 12 hour, or 8/12 hour combination shifts. Weekends are scheduled as every other based on your preceptor’s schedule.
Accepted interns must have a current BLS certification with a designation of either: “BLS Provider” or “Healthcare Provider,” from either the AHA or American Red Cross, or Military Training Network.
Applicants must complete & submit ALL of the following for consideration:
- A completed online St. Luke’s job application
- A completed 2023 Summer Nurse Internship Essay Form
- Current transcript (non-official)
Forward Essay Form & Transcripts to:
Angela Hraban, Manager of Nursing Education
Timeline for Student Nurse Internship
- Applications will be available after November 1, 2022.
- Deadline for Application, Essay, & Transcript is Friday, December 2, 2022.
- Interviews anticipated: January 2023.
- Offers will be extended beginning the week of January 30, 2023 through February 10, 2023.
- Students need to confirm internship acceptance by February 20, 2023.
- Accepted interns need to submit a current BLS card & documentation verifying enrollment into a Summer Nurse Internship Course to Human Resources no later than May 19, 2023.
- Internship dates are June 5, 2023 – August 11, 2023.
For additional questions, please contact:
Angela Hraban BSN, RN ONC
Manager of Education