Community Forums Highlight What You Need to Know About COVID-19 Vaccines
A number of local healthcare organizations are teaming up to offer interactive community forums to answer questions about the COVID-19 vaccine.
The forums will feature a panel of community experts who will discuss all of the COVID-19 vaccines that are currently available. The goal is to support community members and help them make informed decisions about receiving the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Tolga Hanhan, MD, Lake View Medical Clinic, Two Harbors
- Sara Lund, MD, St. Luke’s Infectious Disease Associates
- Gretchen Karstens, MD, St. Luke’s Pediatric Associates & Medical Director of Wilderness Health
- Georgia Lane, Senior Planner, Arrowhead Area Agency on Aging
- Grant Anderson, PhD, Head of the Department of Pharmacy Practice and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy
- Mary Jo Katras, PhD, Program Leader for Family Development, University of Minnesota Extension
- Mary Xiong, Vaccine Outreach Director, Minnesota Department of Health
The forums are being held virtually and free to attend. There are two forums to choose from, allowing people to pick the one that fits best their schedule:
- Tuesday, May 18, 1-2 pm
- Register online: https://z.umn.edu/vaccineforumMay182021
- Join by phone: 651-372-8299 and enter meeting ID# 962 2146 2546
- Tuesday, May 25, 6-7 pm
- Register online: https://z.umn.edu/vaccineforumMay252021
- Join by phone: May 25: 651 372 8299 and enter meeting ID# 942 7253 6457
These forums are sponsored by Wilderness Health, St. Luke’s, Lake View Medical Clinic, Arrowhead Area Agency on Aging, University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy, Minnesota Department of Health and University of Minnesota Extension.
Questions? Contact Katie Peck at Katie.Peck@wildernesshealthmn.org.