Cardiovascular disease, interventional cardiology, cardiac CT
Myocardial infarction, coronary artery disease, valvular and structural heart disease, peripheral vascular disease, patent foramen ovale (PFO) treatment, transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
- Biochemistry University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
- Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine at Midwestern University, Downers Grove, IL
- Internal Medicine University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA
- Chief Resident, Internal Medicine University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA
- Cardiology University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA
- Interventional Cardiology University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA
Cardiovascular Disease, American Board of Internal Medicine
Philosophy of care
“I revolve my practice around providing the most comprehensive and state-of-the-art care possible for my patients."
Why Dr. Mikesell went into medicine
“I chose to specialize in cardiology because of the complexity of the heart, and the high intensity of interventional cardiology."
Favorite advice to give to patients
“Prevention is paramount. I encourage all my patients to make heart-healthy choices."
Twin Cities area, MN
Dr. Mikesell and his wife have two sons and a dog. In his free time, Dr. Mikesell enjoys mountain biking, playing sports and spending time with his family.
Besides working with patients at St. Luke’s Cardiology Associates, Dr. Mikesell is also the Cardiac Catheterization Lab Director at St. Luke’s, and an adjunct assistant professor and the University of Minnesota- Duluth Medical School. Dr. Mikesell is also the co-chair of Minnesota Mission: Lifeline STEMI Project, and is a fellow of the American College of Cardiology, the Society for Cardiac Angiography and Intervention, and the Society for Vascular Medicine.