Corrections Medicine Opportunities
Registered Nurse and Medical Assistant Positions Available at St. Louis County Jail and Northeast Regional Corrections Center
At St. Luke's, we believe that everyone deserves high-quality medical care. That's why we are honored to extend our healthcare services to inmates at the St. Louis County Jail and Northeast Regional Corrections Center (NERCC). To grow this Corrections Medicine Team, we are seeking passionate, positive, and dedicated Registered Nurses and Medical Assistants.
As a part of our team, you will play a crucial role in providing essential healthcare services to those in the justice system:
- Embrace a dynamic environment where each day is different
- Make a meaningful impact by providing care to an underserved population
- Contribute to a nurturing rehabilitative setting
- Enjoy a secure and safe workplace
- Receive a generous sign-on bonus
- Enjoy flexible scheduling, including nights and weekends
Medical Assistants (Certification not required)
Our Medical Assistants play a vital role within our healthcare team, working closely with the Supervisory Nurse and Medical Provider. They are responsible for seamlessly coordinating patient visits and assisting Medical Providers with various procedures and patient care tasks. Additionally, the Medical Assistant actively contributes to maintaining quality standards and safety controls. When not directly engaged in patient care, they provide invaluable support services throughout the clinic.
- Medication administration
- Maintaining records (medical and medication administration)
- Supporting the medical care team
- One year experience in a medical setting or correctional care
- BLS certification
Our Nurses provide professional nursing care under the medical direction of medical providers and the administrative guidance of the clinic manager. We are currently hiring full-time nurses for all shifts (8 or 12 hours). Weekend on-call requirements apply.
- Coordinate patient care
- Educate patients on their care plans
- Oversee prescription refills
- Ensure smooth workflow
- Supervise the medical assistant staff
- Assist in practice standards development and evaluation
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Minnesota RN license
- BLS certification
Join our Corrections Medicine Team and be a part of a healthcare system that believes in providing excellent medical care to everyone, regardless of their circumstances.Learn more about these exciting opportunities and to apply, visit our careers page.