About Lake View Hospital
Lake View Hospital was founded in 1956, funded by donations and government assistance through the Hill-Burton Fund. The hospital opened its doors to patient care in July 1957. Over the years, Lake View Hospital has grown as the city of Two Harbors has grown, expanding to meet the needs of our community.
In 1993–1994, Lake View Hospital built and opened an assisted living facility. Ten years later, Lake View discontinued this service, due to changes in Minnesota assisted living and home care licensure at a time when Lake View was also trying to understand and respond to health care reform. After careful consideration, the facility was closed and the property put up for sale, allowing Lake View to remain focused on its core services: providing our community with primary care, emergency and hospital care, and outpatient services.
In 2008, Lake View Hospital acquired Superior Health Clinic, reopening it as Lake View Medical Clinic, a department of Lake View Hospital, offering preventive and primary care with visits from specialty physicians.
After a long partnership, in 2010, Lake View Hospital and Lake View Medical Clinic became wholly owned subsidiaries of St. Luke's in Duluth.
In 2012, the Lake View campus expanded with the addition of Lake View Pharmacy.
In 2020, Lake View Hospital, Medical Clinic and Pharmacy were connected by a building expansion. The expansion includes a new main entrance for the clinic, clinic lab services, and infusion therapy. Phase 1 of the expansion also includes shelled space on the upper level for a future surgery center.
2020 Snapshot: Lake View Hospital
- Serving Lake County (10,641 residents)
- 44 surgeries*
- 25 beds
- 627 procedures*
- 233 admissions (inpatient - acute and subacute)*
- 4,119 ER/Urgent Care visits*
Lake View Leadership
- Greg Ruberg, President & CEO
- Eric Lohn, CFO
- Brad Alm, Director of Nursing
- Nate Cavallin, Director of Finance
- Christine Dearing, PharmD, Pharmacist in Charge, Lake View Pharmacy (hospital)
- Beth Egan, Director of Primary Care & Specialty Services
- Rachel Gischia, Employee Wellness & Community Coordinator
- Alyssa Hastings, PharmD, Pharmacist in Charge, Lake View Pharmacy (retail)
- Lynnea Jones, Patient Experience Coordinator
- Katie Klessig, Manager of Rehabilitation Services
- Suzy Johnson, Director of Medical Records
- Terri McDannold, Director of Radiology/Materials Management/Environmental Services
- Laura von Goertz, Manager of Nutrition Services
- Level IV Trauma Center, as verified by the American College of Surgeons
- American College of Radiology (Computed Tomography, Mammography)
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Acute Stroke Ready Hospital (as designated by the Minnesota Department of Health)