Labor & Delivery
About This Event
MONDAY & TUESDAY NIGHT CLASS
$50 per couple
Labor & Delivery classes are held Monday & Tuesday night from 6:00-9:30pm
Labor and delivery classes are taught by knowledgeable healthcare professionals. This class is offered in two different formats so you can choose the option that best fits your schedule. Selected Saturdays 9:00am-5:00pm or two night class: Monday and Tuesday Evenings 6:00pm-9:30pm. It is ideal to attend classes during your 4-8 month of pregnancy. Please dress comfortably.
St. Luke's Childbirth Education Classes help you gain knowledge and understanding of the birth process, so you can approach this exciting experience with confidence. Being well informed invites active participation in decisions, which guide your care. If possible, coaches should attend all childbirth class sessions with you, so both of you can prepare for this experience. St. Luke’s staff members are here to offer you care and support during this process.
St Luke's is offering individual tours at this time and can be scheduled during one of their OB Visits. Please contact Birthing Center at 249-5605 to schedule a tour time.
Topics covered include:
- What to expect as a St. Luke’s patient
- About Baby Birth Plan
- The labor process
- Breathing and Movement while in labor
- Pelvic floor strengthening
- Cesarean birth
- All pain-relief methods for labor (Nitrous and non-pharmacologic included)
- The Golden Hour
- The importance of early skin-to-skin contact
- Feeding your newborn, including early initiation of breastfeeding after delivery
- Rooming-in with your baby
- Safe sleep practices and your Halo Sleepsack gift after delivery
St. Luke's Education Department 218.249.5527
- Registration Cost: $50.00
- Registration Information: Register for this Event