Adding Quality to Life
Physical Medicine & Rehab Associates are board certified physicians who treat a wide range of problems. They offer an aggressive, non-surgical treatment for pain and injury and coordinate long-term rehabilitation. Physical Medicine and Rehab specialist are also committed to injury prevention and wellness training.
Sports Medicine is a sub-specialty of Physical Medicine & Rehab Associates. This area deals specifically with patients who are experiencing muscular-skeletal problems that prevent them from physically functioning as they want or need too.
Common Problems Treated
- Athletic injury
- Brain and spinal cord injury
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Low back pain
- Pinched nerve
- Rotator cuff injury
- Strains and sprains
- Tendonitis and bursitis
- Whiplash and neck pain
Why Utilize Physical Medicine and Rehab
- Recovery rate and return-to-work or sport participation can be enhanced using rehabilitation principles.
- Broad diagnostic expertise allows complete and accurate treatment that puts people back to fully functional living.
- Physical medicine and rehabilitation physicians provide care for adults addressing both the physical and emotional aspects of the healing process.
- Treatments are efficient and cost-effective, using appropriately directed and scientifically-based management techniques.
Rehabilitation Areas Include
- Amputations/ Prosthetics
- Cancer rehabilitation
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Non-operative spine medicine
- Orthopedic surgery
- Sports injuries
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Management of patients in acute care rehab units.
- Electromyography (EMG) and nerve conduction studies
- Epidural cortisone injections
- Joint injections
- Occupational therapy
- Orthotics and braces
- Peripheral nerve blocks
- Personal injury and disability evaluations
- Physical therapy
- Therapeutic exercise
American Academy of Physical Medicine & Rehab - www.aapmr.org
Outreach services are provided at St. Luke's Clinics throughout the region.
Hibbing, MN - Hibbing Family Medical Clinic
Virginia, MN - Laurentian Medical Clinic
Ashland, WI - Chequamegon Clinic
Additional Clinic Information