Get a Healthy Start to Your International Trip
If you are planning on traveling out of the United States or Canada, make St. Luke's International Travel Health Center your first stop. The Center offers pre-travel counseling, immunization and health advice for adults and children.
How and When to Access the Center
To get your international health plan in place, contact us as soon as possible before your departure. Contact us at least six weeks before your departure as some vaccine series require several weeks to complete and take time to reach full effectiveness.
Upon your initial visit to the International Travel Health Center, you will be scheduled for a consultation with Sherry Johnson, C-FNP. If available, please bring your immunization record with you to your appointment. At your appointment, you will be asked to complete a questionaire regarding your travel and activity plans. Based on your destination, we'll discuss what immunizations and tests may be helpful and/or required.
Conditions and Treatments
- A thorough assessment of your medical history as it pertains to the risks of travel and the prevention of disease.
- Immunizations appropriate to a particular destination and planned activities, as well as routine updates.
- Prescriptions to prevent malaria and to treat traveler's diarrhea and other ailments. Northland Pharmacy is conveniently located near the Center and can fill travel prescriptions.
- Education materials regarding countries that will be visited.
- International Certificate of Vaccination as approved by the World Health Organization.
- Administration of your planned vaccines on the day of your consultation or as scheduled.
Travel Immunizations Available
- Adult Diphtheria Tetanus
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- HPV (Gardasil) Vaccine
- Japanese Encephalitis
- Measles Mumps Rubella
- Shingles Vaccine
- Typhoid - Oral and Injectable
- Yellow Fever
Travel Medicine Tests Available
- HIV Test
- Skin Test for TB
- Others as indicated
St. Luke's International Travel Health Center is part of St. Luke's Infectious Disease Associates. For more information, or to make an appointment, call 218.249.7990.
Additional Clinic Information