Get prepared, Stay educated
St. Luke’s is committed to providing
high-quality training and education to support the needs of EMS personnel, health care professionals and the
St. Luke’s offers CEU-accredited courses for health care professionals
and members of the community. View dates, locations and registration information
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC)
- Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)/Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition and Stabilization Provider
- ECG Basics & ACLS Prep Course
- EMS Recognition Event (Educational Conference and Recognition Dinner)
St. Luke’s also offers classes and clinics to help parents, young
children and teenagers prevent accidents and injuries. For dates, times
and locations, contact St. Luke’s Education Department at 218.249.5527.
- Safety for all Seasons: Parents of young children review helmet safety,
pedestrian safety, water safety and dressing children for different weather
- Traumaroo Safety Series: Kindergarten through third-grade students develop
safety habits with Troo, the Traumaroo kangaroo, who teaches them about
bicycle safety, playground safety and dealing with conflict.
- Think First Teenagers: Learn the consequences of unsafe behaviors and choices,
especially drinking and driving, which can result in brain or spinal cord
injuries. Think First is a community collaborative program.
- Don’t Have a Life Wreck: Teenagers learn accident prevention strategies
for common high-risk behaviors, focusing on seat belt use, alcohol use
and distracted driving. Follow-up materials are provided for parents to
use at home.
- Child Car Seat Safety Clinics: Co-sponsored by St. Luke’s, the Duluth
Fire Department and Northland’s NewsCenter.