St. Luke's Volunteer Memorial Scholarship
Pursuing a health care career? You may qualify.
St. Luke's Volunteer Service Guild is pleased to award scholarships to students pursuing a health care career. Scholarship applicants must:
- Reside in a community where St. Luke's has a presence
Be accepted and presently enrolled in an accredited health care program
Accredited health care programs include: University of Minnesota Duluth, Lake Superior College, the College of St. Scholastica and Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College (Superior Campus).
Have completed one semester of post-secondary academic work in their accredited health care program prior to applying
Meet GPA requirements
Instructions & General Information
Please read all information concerning St. Luke's Volunteer Memorial Scholarship. Applications not fully completed will not be reviewed.
- The application must be typed and completed in full
- Do not include a resume
- Attach an unofficial transcript or cumulative record
Three (3) recommendations must be submitted using the appropriate forms.
Recommendations must include:
- One post-secondary education instructor in the health care field
- One employer or volunteer director
- One personal reference
The St. Luke's Volunteer Memorial Scholarship application is available here.
- Applications will be accepted between January 8 and March 8, 2019.
- All application materials, including recommendation forms, must be received at St. Luke's before 4:00 p.m. on March 8, 2019.
Volunteer Services Guild Scholarship Committee
St. Luke's Hospital
915 East First Street
Duluth, MN 55805
Or email to Sue.Cooper@slhduluth.com.
The recipient of a scholarship award will be notified in April, 2019. St. Luke's Volunteer Service Guild Board intends to award one $1,000 scholarship to an undergraduate student, one $1,000 scholarship to a graduate level student, and one $500 scholarship to a student in a one to two year program. The award will be paid directly to the school/program in which the recipient is enrolled.