St. Luke's Volunteer Memorial Scholarship
This program is currently on hold.
Pursuing a health care career? You may qualify.
St. Luke's Volunteer Service Guild awards scholarships to students pursuing a health care career. Candidates for the scholarship must:
Be a graduate of a Minnesota or Wisconsin high school and be a resident
of a community where St. Luke's has a presence.
Example: Duluth/Superior, Silver Bay (Bay Area Health Center), Mountain Iron (Laurentian Medical Clinic), Ashland (Chequamegon).
Be accepted and presently enrolled in one of the accredited health care programs listed below
Demonstrate an interest in a health care career
Complete one semester of post-secondary academic work in their accredited health care program prior to applying
Demonstrate scholastic ability with GPA of 3.0 in their chosen field of cumulative work
Demonstrate quality of character
The following schools and accredited healthcare programs qualify for this scholarship:
- College of Medicine
- College of Pharmacy
Lake Superior College
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Practical Nursing
- Medical Laboratory Technician
- Radiological Technology
- Respiratory Care Practitioner
- Surgical Technology
College of St. Scholastica
- Occupational Therapy
- Registered Nurse
- Physical Therapy
- Physician's Assistant
Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College, Superior Campus
- Associate Degree in Nursing
This non-renewable scholarship must be used the year it was awarded.
Instructions & General Information
Please read all information concerning St. Luke's Volunteer Memorial Scholarship. Applications not fully completed will not be reviewed.
- The application must be typed and completed in full (do not include a resume')
- Attach an undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) unofficial transcript or cumulative record
Three (3) recommendations
received before 4:00 p.m. on March 6, 2020 using the appropriate forms. Recommendations
- One post-secondary education instructor
- One employer or volunteer director
- One personal reference who can speak to your character (long-time family friend, clergy, etc. Reference must know you well, at least a 3 years relationship).
The St. Luke's Volunteer Memorial Scholarship application is available here.
- Applications will be accepted between January 7 and March 6, 2021
- All application materials, including recommendation forms and transcripts, must be received before 4:00 p.m. on March 6, 2020
Return all applications to Volunteer Services Guild Scholarship Committee
St. Luke's Hospital
915 East 1st Street
Duluth, MN 55805
Or email Elizabeth.Abrahamson@slhduluth.com
The recipient of a scholarship award will be notified in April, 2021. St. Luke's Volunteer Service Guild Board intends to award one $1,000 scholarship to an undergraduate student, one $1,000 scholarship to a graduate level student, and one $500 scholarship to a student in a one to two year program. The award will be paid directly to the school/program in which the recipient is enrolled.