Cardiovascular disease, interventional cardiology, cardiac CT
Myocardial infarction, coronary artery disease, valvular and structural heart disease, peripheral vascular disease
- Biochemistry, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
- Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine at Midwestern University, Downers Grove, IL
- Internal Medicine, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA
- Chief Resident, Internal Medicine, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA
- Cardiology, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA
- Interventional Cardiology, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA
Cardiovascular Disease, American Board of Internal Medicine
Dr. Mikesell is the co-chair of Minnesota Mission: Lifeline STEMI Project, and is a fellow of the American College of Cardiology, the Society for Cardiac Angiography and Intervention, and the Society for Vascular Medicine.
Besides working with patients at St. Luke’s Cardiology Associates, Dr. Mikesell is the Cardiac Catheterization Lab Director at St. Luke’s, and is an adjunct assistant professor and the University of Minnesota- Duluth Medical School.
Dr. Mikesell chose to specialize in cardiology because of the complexity of the heart, and the high intensity of interventional cardiology. He revolves his practice around providing the most comprehensive and state-of-the-art care possible for his patients. Dr. Mikesell believes that prevention is paramount and encourages all patients to make heart-healthy choices.
Dr. Mikesell grew up in the Twin Cities and has loved Duluth since he was a child. He chose to work in Duluth because of the beautiful view, and the environment for raising a family. Dr. Mikesell and his wife have two sons, and a dog. In his free time, Dr. Mikesell enjoys mountain biking, playing sports, and spending time with his family.