An invitation to show your support with artwork and letters
St. Luke’s knows there are many people who want to show their support for those directly affected by COVID-19, including:
- Healthcare workers in hospitals, nursing homes, clinics, etc.
- Hospital inpatients
- Nursing home residents
We invite students – or people of any age! – to share a photo of their artwork or words of encouragement and support. We’ll be taking submissions, then printing and distributing them.
The steps are simple:
- Make your creation.
- If you’d like, write your first name on it (+ for children who submit, you may also include your grade and/or school you attend).
- Take a high-quality photo of the piece – Pro Tips below!
- Include in your email whether you’d like your piece to go to a specific destination (i.e. healthcare worker, inpatient, nursing home resident).
- Email photo to ArtworkHeals@slhduluth.com
- Write letter on your computer.
- If you’d like, include your first name (+ for children who submit, you may also include your grade and/or school you attend).
- Include if you’d like your letter to go to a specific destination (i.e. healthcare worker, inpatient, nursing home resident).
- Email letter to ArtworkHeals@slhduluth.com
Then, St. Luke’s will print and deliver!
For more information, contact Claire Kiger, ArtworkHeals@slhduluth.com, 218.249.6956.
A few Pro Tips for taking a high-quality photo:
- Wipe your phone camera lens clean before taking the photo.
- Turn on your camera flash to make sure the art is evenly lit.
- Hold your camera “straight on” to the artwork, so the art nearly fills the frame and the corners of the art are square.
- Hold still while you take the picture.
- Be sure to email the highest-resolution option when you submit (on iPhones, when prompted choose “Actual Size” to send a picture that’s best for printing).