Labor & Delivery-2 Day Classes AUGUST
About This Event
St. Luke's Childbirth Education Classes help you gain knowledge and understanding of the birth process, so you can approach this exciting experience with confidence.
August classes are held on:
- August 11 from 6-9:30 p.m.
- August 12 from 6-9:30 p.m.
Being well informed invites active participation in decisions, which guide your care. If possible, coaches should attend all childbirth class sessions with you, so both of you can prepare for this experience together.
Knowledgeable health care professionals teach the classes. You can rely on their expertise for answers to your questions.
Please discuss specific concerns related to your pregnancy with your personal physician. Make a note of your questions and bring them to your next office visit.
Parents expecting their first baby will receive information about labor, deliver, Cesarean birth and newborn care.
New parents will take a tour during the second night of class. Please dress comfortably and bring a pillow and small blanket to class
This class is held in room 329A of the St. Luke's Clinic Building located at 1011 East First Street.
Topics covered include:
- What to expect as a St. Luke’s patient
- AboutBaby Birth Plan
- The labor process
- Cesarean birth
- All pain-relief methods for labor (Nitrous and non-pharmacologic included)
- The Golden Hour
- The importance of early skin-to-skin contact
- Feeding your newborn, including early initiation of breastfeeding after delivery
- Rooming-in with your baby
- Safe sleep practices and your Halo Sleepsack gift after delivery
- Registration Cost: $50.00
- Registration Information: Register for this Event