St. Luke's operates this website ("Site") for your convenience to provide information about the services and resources St. Luke's offers. By accessing and using this Site, you agree to all of the terms and conditions stated here, as well as any additional terms and conditions that might be applicable to a specific area of this Site.
St. Luke's reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions of use at any time without giving you prior notice. Your use of the Site following any change in these terms and conditions signifies your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions as they may be modified.
2. Copyrights. All of the Content on the Site is protected by United States copyright laws. This means that you may use the Content only as these terms permit, and you may not change any of the Content, or incorporate any of it into any other form or medium, without St. Luke's written permission. You may not remove or change any copyright notice on any Content.
3. Trademarks. You are not authorized to copy or use the name St. Luke's, its logo, or any other trademark that may be found on or through the Site, unless, and only if, it is a part of other written information you download from the Site. What this means is that if you download a page or an article from this Site, and that page contains, along with other information, the name St. Luke's, its logo or another trademark, you may use that page as permitted by these terms, but you may not use the name or logo separately from that material.
4. No Medical Advice Given. The information posted on or available through this Site is for general informational and educational purposes. It is not medical advice and is not intended as a substitute for consultation with a qualified physician or other medical professional. If you are seeking medical advice or attention, you should consult your physician or other health care professional.
5. Acceptable Conduct. You may use this Site only for lawful purposes. This means you must not use the Site or any Content you obtain from the Site for any unlawful or harmful purpose, which would include any purpose to embarrass, injure, harass, defame or annoy any person or reflect negatively on St. Luke's. If you use features of this Site that permit you to communicate with others, such as patients of St. Luke's, you may not communicate any material that is illegal, offensive, defamatory, abusive, harassing, or, in St. Luke's opinion, inappropriate.
6. Links to Third Party Content. Any links on this Site to third-party websites are for your convenience only. If you use any links to third-party websites, you will be leaving the Site. St. Luke's is not responsible for and does not monitor the content of any linked third-party websites. The fact that the Site may include links to any third-party websites does not imply any relationship, sponsorship, endorsement, promotion, recommendation or warranty by St. Luke's of that third-party web site or any products, services or information available through such third-party web sites.
7. Accuracy of Information. Information made available through the Site may contain errors or inaccuracies or may be incomplete. St. Luke's is not responsible for any loss or damage relating to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any information contained on the Site.
8. Disclaimer of Warranty. St. Luke's provides the Site as is and without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, any warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. In addition, St. Luke's does not warrant that the Site, and the information available on the Site, will be accurate, complete, timely, uninterrupted, or free from viruses or other harmful characteristics.
9. Disclaimer of Liability. By using this Site you assume all of the risk and responsibility for your use. Neither St. Luke's nor its employees, officers, directors, agents or affiliates will be liable to you for any reason in connection with or arising out of your use of the Site. In particular, and without limiting the scope of this provision, your use of the Site constitutes an agreement that neither St. Luke's nor any of its officers, directors, employees, or agents, will be liable to you for any direct, indirect, or consequential damages that may result from your use of the Site, your inability to use the Site, your reliance on any Content available through the Site, including, without limitation, Content available through third-party links; errors, omissions, interruptions of availability, loss or corruption of data, or damage to your computers or information systems.
10. Use of the Site to Communicate with St. Luke's. This Site is not intended to serve as a way for you or anyone else to communicate with St. Luke's for the purpose of seeking medical advice, treatment, or attention. You should not use this Site to communicate any information regarding your medical condition or the medical condition of anyone else, or to seek advice or treatment, including emergency treatment. St. Luke's does not monitor the Site for such communications and would not be able to respond to you. You should contact your personal physician or other health care professional.
11. Governing Law. Your use of the Site, and any matters, disputes or controversies that relate to or arise out of your use of the Site, shall be governed by the internal laws of the State of Minnesota, without regard to choice of laws principles.
12. Information We Collect about You. By browsing the Site, we automatically collect certain information routinely collected by all web server software. That information is limited to the following:
- the Internet Protocol ("IP") address of your computer and the domain name through which you accessed our Site. This information does not identify you personally, nor does it disclose your e-mail address;
- the type of web browser you used;
- when you visited;
- the specific pages at the Site you accessed;
- the web site you last visited before you visited this Site.
We collect this information not to attempt to identify you personally but to understand who visits our Site, what portions of the Site are visited more frequently than others, and how the Site might be improved to make it more accessible and easier to navigate.
We use "cookies" to collect and remember certain information that allows us to recognize you as a return visitor to the Site and to make navigating our site easier for you. Cookies are small bits of information created by our web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. Cookies are not required for you to use the Site - they are just tools to make your browsing experience easier. If you do not want to receive cookies, you may block them by changing the browser settings on your computer.
St. Luke's Marketing Department.