At St. Luke’s we are dedicated to helping cancer survivors function
at the highest level possible. Cancer treatment can be very toxic and
often causes significant pain, fatigue and disability for survivors. Through
our cancer rehabilitation program, our goal is to minimize these side
effects and to encourage cancer survivors to have the best quality of
We provide patients with coordinated cancer rehabilitation supported by
a team of clinicians and providers. Our team consists of physicians, nurses,
physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists,
registered dietitians and social workers. Each team member provides expertise,
guidance, training and support throughout your rehabilitation treatment.
Your Rehabilitation Plan
As a cancer rehabilitation patient, you will receive comprehensive cancer
rehabilitation treatment. You and your cancer rehabilitation team will
develop a plan to focus on individualized goals that increase strength,
improve energy, manage pain and decrease symptoms affecting your function
and quality of life.
Most cancer rehabilitation services are reimbursed by health insurance
providers. Check your insurance plan for specific rehabilitation benefits.
Can cancer rehabilitation help you?
Are you experiencing any of the following? If you answer yes to any of
these then cancer rehabilitation can help.
- Joint/muscle pain
- Numbness or tingling in your hands and/or feet
- Parts of your body feeling swollen
- Feeling so tired that you cannot do what you want or need to do
- Feeling weak
- Having trouble moving around
- Feeling like you might trip or fall
- Trouble with going or getting to the bathroom
- Having difficulty with dressing or bathing
- Problems concentrating, thinking, or remembering things
- Having trouble with chores or shopping
- Trouble driving
- Difficulty returning to work or completing your tasks at work
- Trouble swallowing