Helping you travel safely
If you are planning on traveling out of the United States or Canada, make
St. Luke's International Travel Health your first stop. We offer pre-travel counseling, immunization and health
advice for adults and children.
Contact us at least six weeks before your departure, as some vaccine series
require several weeks to complete and take time to reach full effectiveness.
Please bring your immunization record, if available, with you to your
appointment. You will be also asked to complete a questionnaire regarding
your travel and activity plans. Based on your destination, we will discuss
which immunizations and tests may be helpful or required. Preparations
- A thorough assessment of your medical history as it pertains to the risks
of travel and the prevention of disease
- Immunizations appropriate to a particular destination and planned activities,
as well as routine updates
- Prescriptions to prevent malaria and to treat traveler's diarrhea and
- Education materials regarding countries that will be visited
- An International Certificate of Vaccination, as approved by the World Health
- Administration of your planned vaccines on the day of your consultation
or as scheduled
Northland Pharmacy is conveniently located near
International Travel Health and can fill travel prescriptions.