Lake View Financial Assistance Program
Lake View is committed to providing financial assistance to persons who
have health care needs and are uninsured, underinsured, ineligible for
a government program or otherwise unable to pay.
We are here to assist you with your financial needs if you are unable to
pay all or part of your Lake View medical bill and to answer questions
you may have regarding your bill.
Lake View Hospital
- Must pertain to medically necessary care provided by Lake View
- Services not billed by Lake View are not eligible for this program
- Must pertain to services provided within the last 12 months
- This is not an insurance program
Based on a sliding scale:
- 100% discount if household income is less than 100% of Federal Poverty
- 90% discount if household income is between 101% and 150% of FPG
- 75% discount if household income is between 151% and 200% of FPG
- Greater of amounts generally billed or 50% discount if household income
is between 201% and 300% of FPG
- The value of your assets is at or below $10,000 for a single person and
$20,000 for a household of two or more
- Application is completed, along with required documents
- Eligibility is determined after reviewing your financial circumstances
How to Apply
There are three ways to receive a Financial Assistance Application:
Download an application:
Lake View Financial Assistance Program Application
Call Lake View at
218.834.7316 and provide your mailing address
- Pick up an application or receive help completing it from the clinic registration
desk or Lake View Hospital Business Office, 325 11th Avenue, Two Harbors, MN.
Before any medical appointment at Lake View Hospital or Lake View Medical
Clinic, check with your insurance company for coverage requirements, including
whether a referral or prior authorization is needed.
If you do not have insurance, you may qualify for Medical Assistance through
your county or state.
Lake View will bill your insurance for charges related to your visit. You
will be billed for any remaining balance.
You will not be charged more than the amounts generally billed for emergent
and medically necessary care.
If you are unable to pay the balance in full or have questions regarding
your coverage, please contact a Lake View representative at:
Lake View Hospital
A collection agency may be used when balances go unpaid.
Lake View Billing and Collections Policy
Lake View Financial Assistance Program Policy