Vision Rehabilitation Program
Vision is frequently one of the skills affected by neurological events that many people generally overlook due to larger issues of mobility, speech and self care. The muscles and nerves that control the eyes may be affected. It may also be the brain and the way it is processing visual information that is affected.
Common Visual Problems
- Ptosis - unable to open eye-lid due to muscle paralysis
- Double vision or blurred vision - due to eye muscle imbalance
- Vision field loss - due to damage of path between the eye and the brain
- Poor scanning skills or loss of attention to one side of the visual environment - due to impaired visual brain reflexes.
How the Vision Rehabilitation Program Can Help
Vision can improve through skill practice and modification of viewing techniques.
Occupational therapy combines the physical and visual rehabilitation needs into the functional daily living skills treatment approach.
We have the equipment and training for the use of low vision rehabilitation techniques including:
- Environmental adaptations
- Viewing techniques