Spinal Cord Injury Program
The goal of the Spinal Cord Injury Program is to improve function and independence.
Highlights of Our Program
The Spinal Cord Injury Program treats adults who have paraplegia resulting from trauma, vascular accidents, infections and neuromuscular diseases.
Our team helps each patient make the adjustments and adaptations physically and emotionally necessary to gain control of their life again. The Spinal Cord Injury team addresses issues on:
- Activities of daily living
- Bowel and bladder function
- Mobility and exercise
- Equipment needs
- Community resources
- Nursing care managed by registered nurses certified in rehabilitation
- Drivers re-training
- Skin management
- Cardiovascular and respiratory management
- How to direct others in your care