St. Luke's Home Care Services helps people return to their home following hospitalization. Services include those that can help patients get back to their activities of daily living.
Skilled Home Care Services
To qualify for admission, a patient must require at least one of the following:
- Skilled nursing care
- Physical or Speech Therapy
Other Services (for current patients)
- Home Telemonitoring
- 24-hour on-call RN consultation
- Occupational Therapy
- Medical Social Services
- Personal care-bathing, dressing, routine exercises and assistance with other activities of daily living
- Nutritional counseling
- Lab tests ordered by your physician
- Coordination with other community resources
- Assistance with obtaining medical equipment and supplies
- Frequent communication with your physician
- Assistance with medical billing and financial issues
- Direct billing to your HMO, Medicare, Medicaid or commercial insurance
- Quality care which is Joint Commission accredited
- Medicare certified and state licensed in Minnesota and Wisconsin
Accessing our services
St. Luke's skilled home care services are available to persons living within 30 miles of St. Luke's Hospital in Duluth and Community Memorial Hospital in Cloquet. This includes portions of St. Louis, Carlton and Lake Counties in Minnesota and Douglas County in Wisconsin. A doctor's order is required for treatment. Ask your doctor if our services could assist you, or call us directly at 218-249-6111 between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Payment for many of our services is covered through Medicare, Medicaid, HMOs and private insurance. If you have concerns about coverage for your care, please contact us for assistance.
Extended Care Services
In our Minnesota service area, we also offer bathing, grooming, meal preparation, errands, grocery shopping or infant/child care services through the Extended Care program. These services are appropriate if you want additional help beyond the home care prescribed by your doctor. Reimbursement for extended care is typically paid privately because insurance payers consider this level of care as "non-skilled." For more information about Extended Care services, call our home care number: 218-249-6111.