Case Management Services
St. Luke's case managers work in close collaboration with physicians and other health team members to help patients and families with problems that can arise as a result of illness and hospitalization and a hospital stay.
In addition, case managers assist with discharge planning which involves coordinating between patients, family support systems and community resources to enhance patient optimum functioning in the community.
Some community resources may include home care, nursing homes, or caregiver support groups. The Case Manager may also keep in touch with a patient's insurance company to assist additional the information as needed.
The Case Management Department serves all patients from newborns to geriatrics, including all inpatient services, pre-admission testing, day surgery or emergency services.
For more information about resources and services please call 218.249.5376.
- Discharge planning
- Community Resources
- Psychosocial Assessments
- Family Counseling-link to Hillside
- Crises Intervention in consultation with healthcare team
- Financial Counseling Referrals
- Support Groups/Patient and Family Education
- Abuse / Domestic Violence Counseling and referrals
- Advance Directive Counseling
- Legal Concerns
- Ethical Concerns
- Chemical Dependency Concerns
- Communication with your insurance company
www.caregiving.org - Support for family caregivers and the professionals who serve them
www.medicareinteractive.org - Source for Medicare information
Duluth Area Resources
Supported by the United Way
Call 2-1-1 or 800.543.7709 for questions and referrals