2014 Nurse Summer Internship
Dates of Program: June 2-July 25, 2014
- Enrolled in the Baccalaureate Degree Nursing program at the College of St. Scholastica
- Be between their Junior and Senior year during the summer of 2014
- Enrolled in the student nurse internship class at CSS.
- Certification in Basic Life Support
- GPA of 2.75 or above
This program requires your participation for the entire 8 weeks schedule, except for emergences or illness. Applicants need to be enrolled in a Summer Nurse Internship course during the 8 week internship. Any exceptions or special circumstances need to be discussed during the interview process.
Orientation: You must attend an 8 hour orientation session on June 2, 2014.
Positions available: Each position will be a 0.6 fte (48 hours per pay period)
ICU-Intenstive Care Unit
MCH-Maternal Child Health
Hours: Interns will be scheduled every other weekend and rotate shifts based on their preceptor's schedule. Intern's schedule will follow their preceptor's schedule.
Salary: Unpaid positions.
Please print and complete the following documents.
Brittney Kurhajetz RN, CCRN
Coordinator of Nursing Education
St. Luke's Hospital
915 East First Street
Duluth, MN 55805
2014 Summer Intern Fact Sheet
Time line for Student Nurse Internship
- Applications are due by December 6, 2013
- Internship offers will be made starting February 10, 2014
- Students need to confirm acceptance by February 21, 2014
If you have any questions, please contact Brittney Kurhajetz RN, CCRN at 218.249.2981.